pt.1: with a knife
as you're falling
turn back
reach
and grab her hair
like so
pt.2: in silence
Out the back door
the field grass drops slowly away
towards the woods
where we spent
our first night
holding hands
and breathing heavy
several feet away
in the school yard
later
you touched my face
and I could smell your perfume
moving closer
you placed my hand to your breast
and we left it there for a minute
just to see what would happen
pt.3: with pith
fearful people
do stupid things
and
it is better to have loved and lost
than to live with a waco
for the rest of your life
pt.4: apropos of nothing
I have dreams of falling
from buildings
from bridges and catwalks
hospitals and military barracks
and turning gently over myself
till I find a perfect balance
the shape of an object
affects the rate of it's fall
and when I land
you were there first
turned to stone
and I impale myself
like a martyr
on your sword
or javeline
or penchant for older men
I see blood on your gown, sister.
I see blood.
pt.5: vengeance
the lord our gods
is seven and one half
lords
and of many shifts
a thief and cattle driver
blandly cunning
he moves towards the gate
a bringer of dreams
and watcher by night
a wandering god
wonderful deathless and frail
I see veins in his neck like any other
I'll be a guide for this guide
I bring notice to this messenger
I'll bury him imortal
tear his cloths and scatter his ash
the innocent of man
I hear a gentle whisper
as my shepherd nears his sheering
come closer child come close
come closer child
come close
No comments:
Post a Comment